Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday Thrills

I'm not sure that I would call today a "thrilling" day, but it does alliterate with Thursday. The night was more spills than thrills.

Everyone went on a job site this morning. At the home where we are building two closets, we are also painting the girl's bedroom. That meant that I actually used a paint roller for the first time. It wasn't bad. I think I found my niche. They mudded and put trim up in the kitchen in the other house. Work in both homes continued in the afternoon.

I stayed behind in the afternoon with three girls. They helped out in the post-school program, cleaning up the room and assisted in the reading program when the kids arrived after school. In the meantime, I tried to figure out our options for returning. We decided to leave Friday night after supper and return to Christiansburg, leaving a decent drive for Saturday.

After supper, we had group devotions and then at 7 pm we were entertained with some local talent--two men on guitars playing mountain music. Afterward, many of us went to the gym. In looking for the lights, one of our youth (who will remain nameless, right W.D.?) accidentally pulled the fire alarm. Eventually it got turned off. Then it was a game of intense basketball between the leaders and youth. I did survive, though barely. Right now C.H and R.O are painting my toe nails. (Don't tell mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment