Monday, June 24, 2013

First day completed

Just a short note, as I got on Internet late and I am tired. I'm tired because I finished the longest ride of my life, going 121.3 kms. It was a little longer than expected, because my group of four riders first went to the beach. One rider did not make it to the beach on Sunday because of a flat, so we had our own ceremony at the beach. It added an extra 10 km.

I also experienced some wet weather. It was cloudy and misty, almost raining. But it did not last long. But thankfully it kept things cool. But noon the sun shone brightly and it turned warm.

The first and last section followed the Santa Anna River trail, a bike trail that follows a dry river, which at times is a concrete canal, though there is bird life in some of the wetlands. The middle section was on streets, a good portion of a road that was stoplight after stoplight. Both types of riding venues made it difficult to make time.

We left at 7:30 and arrived at 3:30. Then it was time to put up the tent, shower, relax a bit, eat and have a group meeting. Finally got Internet to work and wrote this. Now time for bed, as I got very little sleep last night.

1 comment:

  1. THE COUSINS FAMILYJune 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM

    THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR FIRST LOOOOONG AND TIRING DAY. HOPING YOU GOT A GOOD SLEEP LAST NIGHT, AND THAT YOUR ENERGY LEVELS ARE RESTORED. LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE ABOUT THE ADVENTURE.....as time and energy allows.

    ReplyDelete