Sunday, August 4, 2013

Grand Rapids

Saturday was a short ride from Holland and Grand Rapids--35 miles to where we gathered for lunch at Calvin CRC. There were more locals along the way, cheering us on and offering refreshments. At 12:30 we all paraded together to Calvin College.

I just relaxed for the afternoon. After supper, provided by Calvin College, I went with a few of the Sethouwers to downtown and walked along the river. In my two years when I was in seminary I never ventured to the downtown. But then twenty five years ago, downtown was not the happening place as it is now.

On Sunday I attended worship at Woodlawn CRC, on the Calvin Campus. We went back to Calvin CRC for lunch. At 5pm, we had a major celebration service at the Fieldhouse. We walked in with our bikes on the second level and left them along the railings and then joined the worshippers on the main  level. Over thirty new bikers joined us, making us a much larger group.

No comments:

Post a Comment