Monday, August 12, 2013

Relaxing at Redeemer...

Yes, time to write again.

It was a very relaxing time at Redeemer College. It was a very short ride from Woodland Christian School (in Breslau) to Redeemer. We arrived before noon. There was I greeted by an old friend, Mary Ann. She brought me to her house, where I could catch up with her husband, Ken. They lend me Mary Ann's mother's car ( who was in BC and so not using it.) It was great to have some wheels. I used the opportunity to take the Stehouwer's boys to Niagara Falls. the youngest two had not seen it before. It was a great escape.

The highlight on Sunday was the Celebration service. The auditorium was full (about a thousand people). Afterwards, I got to meet some old seminary friends from years ago. In addition, Ralph and Marge were also there. We also spent some time together.

It was a relaxing weekend. But Monday meant back on the bikes. We biked from Ancaster to Ajax, going through Toronto. Though it was only 122 kms, it took from 7:30 to 3:30 to complete--slower than usual. That's because of many lights, a couple of times of trying to fins out way through the trails and construction detours in Toronto, as well as just enjoying the ride. It is remarkable to think that we crossed the GTA by bikes.

Monday night we are staying in Ajax. The local MPP came and presented plaques to the three riders from Ajax, as well as to the local CRC pastor, speaking highly of the work of the church in this community.

I want to thank everyone for the many birthday greetings I received today. I look forward to seeing many of the congregation on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. we hope to have a group in front of the playhouse in town, early Friday morning....to say HI, and to cheer the team on. See you there!

    ReplyDelete